Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where to purchase PICKIT 3 from?? what to check while purchasing?? any precautions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k.kumar1044

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody :)

greetings for the day .

I am interested in embedded programming , so want to purchase a programmer to program my pics (interested in pic and intend to learn embedded c). I have basics .

I am a beginner so , any kind of advice will be helpful, just any kind like :

1. which programmer to purchase
2. do i need any particular kit to start practicing(because i have resources-. CRO , multimeter, electronic components,connectors , soldering iron , general purpose pcb etc )
3. any free course material , any reference ,

IMPORTANT- i m getting pickit3 for rs. 3200+ service tax(12% i think) from SILICON COMPONENTS PVT LTD . SHOULD I take purchase it ( its new sealed ). and pickit 2 for 2800 + st . which one should i purchase??

Thanking you

Best Regards

Last edited:

greetings for the day .

I am interested in embedded programming , so want to purchase a programmer to program my pics (interested in pic and intend to learn embedded c). I have basics .

2. do i need any particular kit to start practicing(because i have resources-. CRO , multimeter, electronic components,connectors , soldering iron , general purpose pcb etc )

IMPORTANT- i m getting pickit3 for rs. 3200+ service tax(12% i think) from SILICON COMPONENTS PVT LTD . SHOULD I take purchase it ( its new sealed ). and pickit 2 for 2800 + st . which one should i purchase??

Thanking you

Best Regards

Im having PICKIT 3 - light used , ready for sale.
Anybody want it mail me on tamilmaran@gmail.com

greetings for the day .

Thanking you

Best Regards

With what PIC uC families you plan to use ?

Hi,

I would now also go for the PK3, it had a bad press to start with over the old PK2, but its firmware has improved a bit, but it can of course do all the latest chips.

Notice Farnells/ Element14 do it for rs3500, I got my Pk2 from them ( in the UK) but when it failed they just said send it in and we will send a new one by return.
They don't want their customers to suffer developement downtime - so would alway suggest buying from a large source - SIL COMP sounds big ?

Suggest you just get the basic programmer / debugger, you will soon outgrow those little dev boards that you can buy with the PK3
With all your tools you can soon make a dev board to suit your own needs.
You just need a 16x2 lcd , some leds and switches to get going; add more as you develop your skills.

Loads of tutorial on the web, depends on the complier and chips you choose, the Pic16F and Pic18F are good places to start.
Here is just one typical tutorial **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.