Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to get the chemicals for PCB coating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJFORTY

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PCB Coating

Hi, Guys

I am looking to make profesional looking boards by applying PCB Coating. Does anyone knows where to get the chemicals to accomplish this?

I am after the green stuff on the boards. no plating or Lacquer

any good guides, tutorials out there?

Thanks to all who answer..

Re: PCB Coating

The "green stuff" on a professional circuit board is either LPI (liquid photoimagable mask) or dry film mask. Both of them are beyond the capability of a home user to apply and set. They are resin based materials intended to resist solder and cleaning solvents.

LPI is applied through a silkscreen mask and set with heat, dry flim is applied using a vacuum table and set with heat. There is nowhere you could buy a small quantity to use at home, and if you did - you wouldn't be able to successfully apply either one.

As a home board maker, you are stuck with spray on laquers.

This product is a conformal coating, not a solder mask (the green layer on a board). It helps to protect the board against environmental hazards once it is assembled.

Hope this helps...

Pleas search the "Chemtech"

for me, i just leave the photoresist coat on(greenish) and spray a layer of laque on. nice finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back