Where to get the chemicals for PCB coating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJFORTY

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PCB Coating

Hi, Guys

I am looking to make profesional looking boards by applying PCB Coating. Does anyone knows where to get the chemicals to accomplish this?

I am after the green stuff on the boards. no plating or Lacquer

any good guides, tutorials out there?

Thanks to all who answer..

Re: PCB Coating

The "green stuff" on a professional circuit board is either LPI (liquid photoimagable mask) or dry film mask. Both of them are beyond the capability of a home user to apply and set. They are resin based materials intended to resist solder and cleaning solvents.

LPI is applied through a silkscreen mask and set with heat, dry flim is applied using a vacuum table and set with heat. There is nowhere you could buy a small quantity to use at home, and if you did - you wouldn't be able to successfully apply either one.

As a home board maker, you are stuck with spray on laquers.

This product is a conformal coating, not a solder mask (the green layer on a board). It helps to protect the board against environmental hazards once it is assembled.

Hope this helps...

Pleas search the "Chemtech"

for me, i just leave the photoresist coat on(greenish) and spray a layer of laque on. nice finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…