Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to get circuits to interface palm iic and flash memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisely77

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
palm 111c schematic

hi,

currently i come across an old palm, it's a palm iiic. i was looking away to connect to external memory such as cf, sd or mmc.

does anyone know where can i get the circuit to interface the palm and these flash memory.

kindly give some input to me. thanks.

wisely

I think that if Palm IIIc has the same interface as Palm V, it's RS232...
so : it's only a IO port, but the system cannot manage by default an external memory for its own...
as far as i know : I'd never find such schematic....

But if you want to develop your own board to inferface with a software of your own the flash : you'll simply need the flash, a MCU of your choici which a capable of RS232 communication, and a MAX232 : to level-up your MCU signal to the palm RS232 signal...

after that : you'll need to develop the MCU firmware as a bootloader (for read and write access)
and the appropiate application on palm. Then : only your application could manage the flash : but not the PalmOS !!

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back