Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to find Cadence Virtuoso ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all
I want to ask a quistion... which tool is this snap shot taken from? and how to get it? Which operating system? and give any other useful information about it ..

Please reply soon,
thank you ..
Ahmad,

virtuoso schematic jpg

Thanks for contact
But you didn't satisfy my requirements, I still dunno where can i get this tool
I found in the link you give to me that it works under some operating systems, what is the IBM-AIX ? i have Linux OS as well as Windows can't it work under Windows? I need also to know if i can get useful (Free) tutorials for it :D
Thank you very much.
Ahmad

rapidshare cadence tutorial

First tool is SUN Solaris that can implement snap function,it is UNIX system. See the figure1.It can plot .jpg .ps,etc type file.
Second tool is Cadence soft by itself! When Cadence have started, use camera function of command windows to implement snap function.See the figure2.It can plot .ps type file .

cadence virtuoso neocircuit, rapidshare

I found in the link you give to me that it works under some operating systems, what is the IBM-AIX ? i have Linux OS as well as Windows can't it work under Windows? I need also to know if i can get useful (Free) tutorials for it

As the data sheet on the URL I provided says, it only runs under Solaris, Unix, IBM-AIX, and Linux. It does not run under windows. IBM-AIX is the Internaltional Business Machine (IBM) custom version of UNIX.

If you want tutorial information, there is some available by doing a Google search for 'Virtuoso Schematic Composer'. Virtuoso is used at some Universities, and they have tutorials available online. One of them is at:**broken link removed**

cadence virtuoso windows rapidshare link

cadance only run using open source system

cadance is not compatible for windows

cadence virtuoso megaupload

cadence virtuoso schematic editor and it works in the solaris/unix environment

cadence opus virtuoso xp rapidshare

Well,

In my point of view,
This is c@dence IC schematic editor for sure,
however it is lunched by pc's x-window(x-term emulator) ...
Please note there exits an "X" mark on the top-left side of its snapshot.

Currently, No pc version is available.

Regards,
Ryan

cadence virtuoso analog design rapidshare

Ok, Thank you all for contacting
But I have a quistion, if we compared this tool with OrCAD, can Virtuso replace the OrCAD in simple design problems that need somesort of sweeps such as AC sweep, DC sweep, transient analysis and so on? if not which other Cadence tools do you suggest for this purpose?

cadence virtuoso ic+megaupload

Virtuoso is used for IC design in proffesional world. So that said yes it can solve simple problems.

rapidshare+cadence virtuoso

Teddy said:
Virtuoso is used for IC design in proffesional world. So that said yes it can solve simple problems.

But I couldn't find any type of sweep in the tutorial provided by House_Cat in the link in his post, can you give more details please?

Take the following problem as an example, assume i want to design a differential amplifier with certain gain, current consumption, CM input range, and certain maximum output swing or any other additional specs, to design such amplifier i need to sweep some parameters such as W,L of the MOS transistors, Load resistance assuming resistive loads, current pass through current mirrors, and ac sweep for the frequency response and BW measurements, transient analysis and FFT analysis to check harmonic distorsion.. can this be made by Virtuoso? how?

Thank you for help...

cadence virtuoso ic 6.1 rapidshare

You use the Analog Environment to do all of your AC, DC, and transient analysis. This can be accessed from the Tools menu in Virtuoso. You can do a parametric sweep also using the Analog Environment to sweep your W, L, etc.

virtuoso cadence rapidshare

You can download some example of short cadence tutorial here:
**broken link removed**

cadence virtuoso ic edaboard rapidshare

I draw a schematic with Cad,but I like to use hspice for simulation:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back