Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where to buy a piezo that goes to 40KHz??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtrmi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
40khz piezo

This may be a dumb question, but I can't find this. I live in the United states. I'm a first year computer engineer and I want to use this piezo in a dog repelling circuit that I'm building.

40 khz dog

Buy it at any electronic component vendors. When u say "ultrasonic" it will surely resonalte to +/_ 40Khz. Make sure that it is not an ordinary speaker.

Dogs hear up to about 30kHz. Dogs do not hear 40kHz. The output of a 40kHz piezo transducer is very low at 30kHz because it has its max tuned output at 40kHz.
I saw a 25kHz piezo transducer that might work better.

Ok I found one with a horn that goes to 30KHz. I'll try that. Thanks for the help. I just moved and my neighbors dog likes to do his business in my yard not theirs. Its totally F'ed up. I'm hoping it will just avoid my yard when I get this device operating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back