Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where I can find info about metal mask rom cell array?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benny16

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Metal Mask ROM

Hi, do anyone know where i can find more information of "metal mask rom cell arrary" ?

Thanks
Benny

Metal Mask ROM

metal mask rom is very different from the conventional mask rom concept.
It is formed by the selectable vias,not the VT imp to the mos transistors in conventinal mask rom

Re: Metal Mask ROM

Hi, where i can find more related information ?

Thanks
Benny

The 2nd edition of Berkeley ICbook: Digital Integrated Circuit.

use this kind of rom,it is very easy to reverse it,and its area is larger because of contact via

Hi,

What are the main physical features of MMR ?

sunny656

Hi,

I've an ambiguity about MMR. Some IC book says that MMR is programmed using contact mask layer only. Some other IC book says that MMR is programmed using metal-1 layer only. Which programming methodology is true to MMR ?

sunny656

For serial rom ( implant code ), all the non-selected gates are active ( on ) and the selected gate is off, once the gate is coded, it will be on, no matter the gate voltage.
In same condition but replace the ion-implantation by a metal which short the source and Drain of selected gate can also get same result and the code could be metal, via or contact depends on design, basically we will use the last mask layer to reduce the production lead time
Anyway, compare to implant code, the area of metal code is much larger ( source / drain contact rule )

For serial rom ( implant code ), all the non-selected gates are active ( on ) and the selected gate is off, once the gate is coded, it will be on, no matter the gate voltage.
In same condition but replace the ion-implantation by a metal which short the source and Drain of selected gate can also get same result and the code could be metal, via or contact depends on design, basically we will use the last mask layer to reduce the production lead time
Anyway, compare to implant code, the area of metal code is much larger ( source / drain contact rule )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back