Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where exactly are EBG structures inserted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumit007

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..

Can u pls tell me where exactly are EBG structures inserted ?

In a Microstrip Patch antenna - are these structures etched on the Ground or Substrate or Patch itself ? Or only Substrate and Patch are etched to form EBG structures ? Or all 3.

Another question:
What are the criterion for a structure to be termed as EBG structure ?

Re: EBG structures

sumit007 said:
In a Microstrip Patch antenna - are these structures etched on the Ground or Substrate or Patch itself ? Or only Substrate and Patch are etched to form EBG structures ? Or all 3.

It depends what kind of structure you have and what the application is. There are several types of EBG structures. The first designs consist of holes drilled in the substrate. A few other structures have holes etched in the ground plane only etc.

sumit007 said:
Another question:
What are the criterion for a structure to be termed as EBG structure ?
In general, EBG strutures are periodically structured media that are designed to control the flow of electromagnetic waves. Due to the periodicity, they create a frequency region, in which waves are not allowed to propagate.

sumit007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Good explanation. I´m agree with ozgur_io. It depends what are you use it for. Greetings

For planar EBG, how can I test the band-gap performance? Does the use either of coax-probe or microstrip line possible? Thanks.

rgds,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back