Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I purchase Protel99SE with valid license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisoiu

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Where can I purchase Protel99SE with valid license?
Thanks.

/pisoiu

Purchase Protel99SE

I'm afraid I wasn't explicitly enough. I want to buy it legally, with invoice and valid license, but I don't know if that is possible, since Altium discontinued it for sure.

/pisoiu

Re: Purchase Protel99SE

You're very unlikely to get a copy. There was (still is) a Yahoo group dedicated to buying/selling legitimate copies but there has been very little activity in the last couple of years.

I've been trying to buy a seat for the last six months with no success. Altium will give you a copy - but only if you purchase an Altium designer seat.

pisoiu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Purchase Protel99SE

Your problem is that, in order for it to be a legal copy of Protel99SE, it must not have been used to upgrade to DXP or Altium Designer. Once a user upgrades, the old license is considered transferred to the newer version, and the older software is no longer legally licensed.

Your best bet would be to advertise on the only active Protel forum still in use. Sign up here: **broken link removed** , and then post your request. There are still active members who may have, or know of, a legal copy of the older software.

pisoiu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back