Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I get Linux tutorials ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunnandhakumar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Linux tutorials

i'm new to linux
where can i get linux tutorials
pls suggest me some sites that provides codes

Linux tutorials

Search this site for e-books on Linux.
You can install Linux pretty easily these days.
All you really need to get started is bash, the standard Linux shell.
Check out this bash tutorial
https://www.hypexr.org/bash_tutorial.shtml

Re: Linux tutorials

Hi,

Link list to free downloadable linux books :

h**p://www.linux.org/docs/online_books.html

Replace * by t

Linux tutorials

search for linuxfrom scratch on google

I have always found Gentoo's articles very good. Especially ones written by Daniel Robbins.

Other than that, I recommend gettting into downloading some source code and doing the whole compiling thing yourself.

tar zxvf package.tar.gz
./configure
make
su
make install

Get used to the terminal quicky, and learn to use it well. Avoid using graphical file managers and force yourself to use the terminal instead.

If you can remove Windows completely from your computer. Not having the option there can help you stick with it.

Once you start getting into Linux you'll find its pretty fun and powerfull. Its kinda like your own hotrod, you can modify it however you want.

Also learn to understand what these things are: The Kernel, Xorg, Window Manager, Desktop environment, OSS, ALSA and Modules.

For help you can use google or try irc.freenode.net channel #linuxhelp.

Hope these suggestions help.

Viva La Free Software

Linux tutorials

just install a linx system and try to resolve all the problem and find the answer all the problem on the net,you will similar the system soon,
regards

Linux tutorials

**broken link removed**

hey,

search www.flazx.com, u will find some books on linux. It may be useful. All the above replies also will help u.

regards

raghunath chouta

i m new to linux..how linux is better than windows?.can you please help me to find out.

Sahara said:
i m new to linux..how linux is better than windows?.can you please help me to find out.

in terms of security and multitasking.

Sahara said:

i am also new bie for linux.
up till my knowledge i have seen the some difference between these both OS

basically,
1) user as well as admin security, because in linux user will gets rights and based on that he/she can access the systems.
2) functionality in some way
3) obviously Linux is open source (freeware) while for windows we have to pay for any tool from OS to text editor.
4) virus protection is high in linux camparitively windows.

these are main difference which makes linux better than windows.
please cross chek with experts and please let me know if i am wrong some where.

Good info.
Which of all the different distributions of Linux is good for eda cad - cadence, mentor, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.