Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I find more information on VCXO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimbla

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need info on VCXO

Thanks in advance.

bimbla.

Re: Need info on VCXO

bimbla said:

Thanks in advance.

bimbla.

bimbla, any more specific request?

For reseacrh, for integration to project/product, specifications, purchasing, packages......

:F

For research and for integration into a project/ product.
Besides variable freq, what are its other advantages over regular Xtal and Xtal block?

bimbla.

bimbla said:
For research and for integration into a project/ product.
Besides variable freq, what are its other advantages over regular Xtal and Xtal block?

bimbla.

This oscillator can be phase locked to another one. The phase noise will be much lower than any other resonator type oscillator. I have seen a precision frequency reference which used a very stable oscillator which as a by-product had poor phase noise. This noise was removed by using another VCXO in a PLL. The second oscillator had good phase noise but poor stability if used in the ordinary XO mode.

It is common to use a 1 MHz crystal on the 5th overtone to make a 5 MHz source. This gives it 25x bette stability than the same type operating at 5 MHz on the fundamental of the crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back