Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where can I find linux software

Status
Not open for further replies.

behy

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
where can I find linux software?
thanks

behy said:
Hi
where can I find linux software?
thanks

Do you mean Linux operating system ? .. or the software that runs on Linux ?

hello friend
iam suggesting one of the linux software UBUNTU,just type Ubuntu in google
you can download directly from net or just register in the site you will get the ubuntu cd
free of cost, just mention 32-bit up or 64- bit up and manufacturer of processor

raghavenderece said:
hello friend
iam suggesting one of the linux software UBUNTU,just type Ubuntu in google
you can download directly from net or just register in the site you will get the ubuntu cd
free of cost, just mention 32-bit up or 64- bit up and manufacturer of processor

i agree with you. this is best for beginners

Hi,
If you want to download linux then you can download it from the linux homepage for free.
Also there are a hell lot of mirro sites form where you can get the software

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

Hi zkkbmy,
You have given some ftp link.
But that is not clear,
can you give the address more clearly

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

U can find a huge software in freshmeat, but for distro specific:

For rpm based distribution (redhat, fedora, suse) use rpm [package name] it will download from the vendor server or mirror

For Deb based distribution (debian, knoppix, ubuntu) use apt-get [package name]

if you are trying to find a linux distribution, check on google, but i recomend to download it by .torrent server, there are some software too, but if you want to find a lot of software, i recomend to use emule, or edonkey, there you can find whatever you want, but if you are looking just for free software check on google or get a better sources list, if you are using a debian distribution.

there r plenty of sites where u find the linux open source. Try UBUNTU. it is the best.

h**p://mirror.vmmatrix.net/, maybe a good place!

Status
Not open for further replies.