Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I find DICOM samples of echocardiography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theasus

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I searched internet but I couldn't find a DICOM file of any sample echocardiography?
DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) is a standard data format in medical imaging.
Could you propose any link or file? I found various DICOM file but I couldn't find any echocardiography image in DICOM format.

Thanks.

Did you try any software for echocardiology viewer? I used DICOM viewr for cardiology, which is provided with sample file for cardiology. May be this will helpful form you.

I couldn't find any sample image in DICOM viewer software. I used various DICOM viewers but they don't include any sample echocardiography DICOM file. I found some DICOM file but I need a sample of echocardiography in DICOM format.Is there anyone to send any echocardiography image in DICOM format?

I already went through this search a couple years ago. The funny thing about DICOM imagry is that most average people do not want to share their personal DICOM medical procedure images, even though in most cases if the imagry is stripped of all personally identifiable information it is virtually impossible to figure out where the image came from. It's just a 3D cross-section of some flesh.

Also if you don't know, DICOM obtained from a medical imaging lab is full of personal information datafields by default, and a contributor needs to run it through an anonymizer to strip out that information. The images can be opened as text files with any word processor (though Windows Notepad works best as there is no formatting).

If you have a medical procedure of your own done that uses DICOM (CT, MRI, etc), you can usually request a copy of your medical data on CD-ROM at low cost, usually $5-$10.

Oh, and here is my brain on Wikipedia.
File:CT Scan of Dale Mahalko's brain-skull.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can't have my images though because I'm hardly an anonymous source at this point. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.