Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I find an evaluation version of PSpice OrCAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mica188

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Where can I find an evaluation version of PSpice ? I don't want the student version and I have download PSpice from OrCAD. It is very complicated. It doesn't read schematic file which I have created from PSpice version student (MicroSim). Can some help me?

Regards,

Mica

msim.ini

Hi,

If you have downloded Pspice 9.1 student from Orc@d's site, when installing the software, choose "Schematics" instead "Capture" when you are prompted to choose the schematic editor.

If I am right (I am not 100% sure), "Schematic" in Pspice 9.1 can read files created with Microsim 8.0.

Just try

Papyaki

pspice model level

Thanks, I have a lot of problems. What is the cheap version that I can buy? I don't want the student version because I can get output data in txt format.

Thanks,

Mica

orcad student version

If you are planing to buy you can try the ORCAD unison EE siute which has capture and pspice in it.

Also there is a utility in the capture folder called schtocap which can convert the older microsim scematic to news capture scematics.

orcad msim.ini

Can Psice accept level 49 BISM3 model for CMOScircuit design ?

download msim.ini

orcad 9 have sch2cap.exe

need msim.ini & convert microsim pspice sch to
orcad capture format

convert orcad to spice model

As I know , Orcad can only accept Level 3 spice model for CMOS circuit simulation . Can Orcad 9 accept Bsim level 49 or higher model for simulating CMOS circuit ?

pspice bsim

xwcwc1234 said:
As I know , Orcad can only accept Level 3 spice model for CMOS circuit simulation . Can Orcad 9 accept Bsim level 49 or higher model for simulating CMOS circuit ?

The simulator has:
The simulator provides six MOSFET device models, which differ in the formulation of the
I-V characteristic. The LEVEL parameter selects among different models as shown below. For
more information, see References.
LEVEL=1 Shichman-Hodges model (see reference [1])
LEVEL=2 geometry-based, analytic model (see reference [2])
LEVEL=3 semi-empirical, short-channel model (see reference [2])
LEVEL=4 BSIM model (see reference [3])
LEVEL=5 EKV model version 2.6 (see reference [10])
LEVEL=6 BSIM3 model version 2.0 (see reference [7])
LEVEL=7 BSIM3 model version 3.1 (see reference [8])

Level 7 is the level 49 of hspice (similar).

Levels 49 and 53 BSIM3v3 MOS Models
The BSIM3v3 MOS model from UC Berkeley is available as Avant! Level 49
and Level 53 models. Level 49 is an Hspice-enhanced version of BSIM3v3
while Level 53 maintains full compliance with the Berkeley release. This
compliance includes numerically identical model equations, identical parameter
default values, and identical parameter range limits.

Bastos

orcad pspice differ

Thanks, Bastos.
Did you have Orcad reference manual ? Can you upload it here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back