Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I find a 4-pin umbilical connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Deye

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am looking for 4-Pin Umbilical connector and couldn't find it anywhere, can someone help me find one?

Re: Umbilical Connector?

There are the automotive supply houses. The type of connector used to carry power.

If you want something small, then the S-video plug and connector carry 4 wires.

If you want shielding, then you might consider connectors of the type used in PA system hookups.

Re: Umbilical Connector?

Thanks Brad,

Actually, I don't know what "Umbilical" refers to? is it a type of connectors? or a form factor ? or something else?

I searched wikipedia and found this, which shows that this type of connectors follow the MIL-DTL-83538 standard. When I searched for connectors that follow this standard, I found nothing! :S

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

And yes, I need it to carry power.

Umbilical isn't a standard designation for cables that I've heard of.
To me umbilical suggests a temporary hookup such as a traveling concession vendor might use.

More involved than patch cables.

Maybe where the connector is inline, in the middle of the cable run.

Portable. Allows you to move equipment around.

Secure. Stands up to rough handling.

Plug and socket are easy to connect and disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back