Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I buy some plastic box cutting tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTiger

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Some one help me. I like to buy some tools for cutting plastic box. I need the tools like jigsaw to cut square, D-SUB and other for my electronics board.

Re: Plastic box cutter

maybe a Dremel tool?

I use drills to get to roughly the right size, then finish off with small files. Much more accurate than cutting the whole thing in one go.

hello u take a heater element wire (from a heater or old soldering iron element)and give low voltage(depends on the length) fix it in a hack saw and use.

drill drill drill drill..

finaly dremel dremel dremel..

;) good luck!

The best tool I'm using almost daily is called "nibbler" from Klein Tools Inc, Part No 76011B. Very cheap, and doing this work perfectly. If you'll buy one and use it, I think you'll bless me :D
Regards,
Nina

Plastic box cutter

You can also use qmax cutters on plastic boxes, depending upon the type of plastic I.E. soft plastic is OK, hard is too brittle.
Works wonders for things like D-sub cutouts.

But then they are expensive for a single shape so what Jos said is about the best method for the hobbyist.

hi!
if you want to make the plasic boxes of mush quantity than i should advise u to make a pattern for your cutter of solid piece such as iron. and shaping the solid piece as same as you want to make your cutter i mean of same sizes and dimensions and then place your pattern(or teh shaped slid piece) on the plastic sheet and with applying load you can cut the plastic sheet in your desire shape. with this you can cut more accuratualy and more precise within a short time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back