Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I buy 10 UDN5804b ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerspot

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All ... I am in the process of building a parallel port 3 axis stepper motor controller and living in the great white north (Canada) am having a hard time locating the UDN5804B stepper motor driver. Would anyone happen to know where I can buy 10 of these IC's. There are a lot of places that want you to buy a hockey sock full of them with minimum orders of $100 or so and I would rather not go that route as they probably would not make good fishing lures with the many I would have left over.
Now of course the chip is obsolete and so is the circuit would anyone happen to know of a newer schematic for a parallel port 3 axis stepper motor controller that uses DIP parts and can be interfaced with programs like DanCam or other CNC programs.

thanks in advance and take care ...Vic

UDN5804b

If you have difficulty to find UDN5804b, maybe I can help you. Please wirte an email to sales@flypcb.com

Good luck to your job.

Ken

Re: UDN5804b

I would use MOSFET transistor switches and either programmable logic (PAL, GAL, CPLD) as stepper motor controller or a suitable controller IC, e. g. Onsemi MC3479 to generate the phase signals.

UDN5804b

The 5804 is not made any more so any parts that still exist are super expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back