Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where are the typical values of 0.18um CMOS process in HSpice library model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synopsys

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am currently new to analog ic designing using hspice. I am using mm018.l library, however, I can't seem to figure out how to find the typical values for the 0.18um cmos technology process like the threshold voltage, cox, etc. I want to know these typical values since I am planning to do hand calculation before simulation.

I am using .lib 'mm018.l' tt (from my hspice code)

This is the TT part of the mm018 library:

* 1.8V NORMAL DEVICES LIB *
***************** CORNER_LIB OF TYPICAL MODEL ***************
.LIB TT
.param
+toxn = 4.08E-09 toxp = 4.08E-09
+dvthn = 0 dvthp = 0
+dxl = 0 dxw = 0
+cjn = 0.001000266 cjp = 0.001121
+cjswn = 2.040547E-10 cjswp = 2.481E-10
+cjswgn = 3.340547E-10 cjswgp = 4.221E-10
+cgon = 3.665E-10 cgop = 3.28E-10
+hdifn = 2E-07 hdifp = 2E-07
.lib 'mm018.l' MOS
.ENDL TT

There's no threshold voltage, cox, mobility, etc. I don't even understand other values stated here and I am stuck.

I hope you can help me guys. Thanks

Re: HSpice library model

For the VTH values scroll down to the 1.8V CORE DEVICE MODELS section of the mm018.l lib file!

cox = ε0εr(SiO2)/tox ( ≈ 8.4 fF/µm2 ).

hi
.lib tt is a big library and you must find in << .lib MOS>> a nmos or cmos as usally named nch.1 or pch.# and use in your netlist after that by <<.option list >> you can find in *.lis your nmos properties.
but you dont need cox .
and by<< .op >> the threshold voltage, gm , id, rds, vds,.... is presented.

hi
i also have this problem, i need un cox (or: k'n) for hand calculation, i can calculate the cox for my .18u library but i can not find any value for un! because the mobility change with doping (also i can find the doping concentrations: nsub if i say true) and now, i must calculate the mobility with respect to this value or can i find it in hspice??

thanks my friends, i find almost all things i want in library, now i only have only a problem for finding lambda (early voltage), however i find a parameter named 'keta' in the library, but i doubt that it is true! because it is a negative value for nmos and a positive value for pmos transistor, and i think it should have a positive value for nmos and a negative for pmos (refer to sedra.A 'microelectronic circuits'. chapter4)
now, i'm not sure that my calculations based on these parameter are true or not, also i use the absolute value of them for compute Idsat and Req (more accurate to compute the equal resistance ofa cmos inverter when it (dis)charging a capacitor)

... i only have only a problem for finding lambda (early voltage)

In the BSIM models, LAMBDA is the velocity overshoot coefficient.

The Early voltage will be calculated from influences of several effects, as channel length modulation (CLM), substrate current induced body effect (SCBE), drain-induced threshold shift (DITS), and gate-bias dependence, hence quite a lot of parameters are responsible for the calculation of the Early voltage, s. e.g. this BSIM470 manual - search for early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back