Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

When to use "Near-Field Sphere", "Near-Field Line" in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bya036

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For what purpose the use of "Near-Field Sphere" or "Near-Field Line" is needed?
As much as I know, HFSS solves all the fields inside the far-field radiation boundary.
If that is the case, all near fields are calculated by default. So what for does the "Near-Field Sphere" or "Near-Field Line" is used?

For what purpose the use of "Near-Field Sphere" or "Near-Field Line" is needed?
As much as I know, HFSS solves all the fields inside the far-field radiation boundary.
If that is the case, all near fields are calculated by default. So what for does the "Near-Field Sphere" or "Near-Field Line" is used?

The radiation boundary is not in the far field. The manuals says this needs to be at least lambda/4 away from an antenna. But that is not in the far-field, but the near field. As far as I'm aware, HFSS transforms (probably via an FFT), the near to far fields. I assume the near field sphere might be for when you want to look at the near fields, which for some purposes are important.

Hi,

Yes I know, but since I use far radiation boundary for my antenna, there is no need any more to use a near field one, and this for the same reason I specified above.
I mean that near fields can be plotted anywhere inside the far field radion boundary, so why do I need to use the "Near-field sphere".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back