Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

when I can fabricate cheap microstrip circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helio1972

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
when I can fabricate cheap microstrip circuits?
thanks for your help

This is clearly a question from a novice: When designing microstrip circuits the performance you can reach always comes down to the etching tolerances/ via tolerances that the PCB manufacturer can guarantee. In fact this tolerance is a part of your design as it gives you boundaries what you can expect.

Better tolerances means higher cost, lower tolerances lower cost. If you are willing to design low cost microstrip circuits, you will never design for great performance.

Hi,
I think that you didn't understand my question. I am looking for some companies where I can fabricate my microwave circuits. so could you mention some of them specially the ones in europe.
what u said in your comments is well-known.
thanks anyway

"where" can I fabricate cheap microstrip circuits?

Radiohead understood what you wrote, but he cannot understand what you are thinking.

2 cents of info
1)first you design using pen and paper (no need of an foundry)
2) you do the simulation (you need the foundry models, deside your foundry now)
3) you do the layout (you need the Pcell and other foundry technology info)
4) do the LVS and DRC, ERC check (you need the foundry rules)
5) make the GDS file and send it to the foundry you have selected.

now tell me how your design can be ready without the foundry selection.

BTW AMS and NCSU are a good choice.

hock

Ah, so you want to know where to have cheap microstrip production ...

Well, the cheapest way to make microstrip circuit is etching a PCB yourself in the kitchen. That is if you don't care about reproducing your designs. But after all, low cost is your major specification so that should do the trick.

helio1972 said:
Hi,
I think that you didn't understand my question. I am looking for some companies where I can fabricate my microwave circuits. so could you mention some of them specially the ones in europe.
what u said in your comments is well-known.
thanks anyway

i think he is talking about asic

yaps...you can outsourcing that in third world like indonesia, malaysia, and malaysia or India or China...

it very cheap to fabricated the microstrip circuit because low cost worker...

Radiohead, It depends of knife you use in the kitchen, a sharpened knife could provide an accurate design

Some companies are use to work like that

Status
Not open for further replies.