Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

when does BAV70_BAV56_BAV99 should be used ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvsvv

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The datasheet tell me that BAV70 is a dual-diode , but why and when should use dual-diode ? If I can use IN4148 , why need to use BAV70 ??

THAT is the question.
Thanks for your answer.

vvsvv said:
The datasheet tell me that BAV70 is a dual-diode , but why and when should use dual-diode ? If I can use IN4148 , why need to use BAV70 ??

THAT is the question.
Thanks for your answer.

Double diode is for double need ;))

1N4148 is single diode for through-hole assembly -> it needs more area to assemly and drilling holes -> cost increasing.

BAV70, BAV56, BAV99 are diodes (double or double double) for surface mount assembly -> no holes, less PCB area -> cost decreasing.

BAV99 may be used for protection of inputs, for example, of expensive IC.

19_1195473028.gif

THAT is the answer !
Thanks for your question ;))

You use them whem you are working with an SMD design and you have two IN4148 (say) diodes that have any common pin.
depending on the common pin you choose which of the above will fit instead of the two IN4148.
this will reduse the cost especially that the SMD parts are cheaper recently.

I see.
Thanks a lot !!!!

Usually this configuration is used for protecting inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back