Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

when calculating the SNR of adc,should the bandwidth of noise be 1/2fsample?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_fd

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when calculating the SNR of adc,should the bandwidth of noise be 1/2fsample?

when calculating the SNR of adc,if i want to calculate all the noise,should the bandwidth of noise be 1/2fsample?in the book,its said that the quantization noise of adc is distributed in the range from zero to 1/2fsample.and i have another question.when calculating the noise of a sigma delta adc from the output of its digital filter,should the integration bandwidth of noise be set to 0 to 1/2 of the clock frequency of the output digital code?

Re: when calculating the SNR of adc,should the bandwidth of noise be 1/2fsample?

when calculating the noise of a sigma delta adc from the output of its digital filter,
should the integration bandwidth of noise be set to 0 to 1/2 of the clock frequency of the output digital code?
No.
It should be effective bandwidth of digital filter which is less than 1/2 of the clock frequency.

Re: when calculating the SNR of adc,should the bandwidth of noise be 1/2fsample?

Hi,

many audio ADCs work with higher sampling rate, then they use digital filters, then they reduce the data rate.....
Thus 1/2 f more relates to the output data rate than to the true sampling rate.

--> I'd choose the bandwidth to the "typical bandwidth of interest of the ADC".

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back