Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

When and why should VB, Visual C++ and Delphi be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilop

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
want to know

helloo,
i'm newbie for this programming language (VB, Visual C++, and delphi)

i have some questions, i hope there is someone will answer this
1. when we use VB, Visual C++, and delphi?
2. what are the advantages and disadvantages of using them?

Re: want to know

VB and Delphi are very similar... but i would chose the VB... Because its easier for use... I find out taht C++ is best for communication with PC ports... "regular" C++ is different of Visual C++ becouse you can make programs that will work great in Win environment... I`m not professional so find out your self...

VB is a good choice if you want to make simple software under windows with nice user interfaces. VB is easy to use and you will have a short development cycle.

For a little more demanding applications you could use C/C++.

C is ideal for lower level programming like driver development.

C/C++ can be used on multiple platforms.

want to know

Delphi is basically Pascal, so if you don't know Pascal then I suggest choosing one of the other two. VB is probably easier to learn. C and C++ will give you higher performance. Most of Windows was written in C and C++. Thank you for not considering Java.

why not java?
of course a bit slower,
but it's still a good choice right?

VB is really good for fast program development. If I were in your place, I would use VB so that I might concentrate on the problem more as coding in VB is a lot easier. If you cannot do some hardware programming in VB, write a DLL in VC++ and call its functions from VB. Do the rest of programing in VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back