Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wheatstone Bridge Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericmar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I hv some questions here abt the Wheatstone bridge and hope to seek for ur help. I m simulating a wheatstone bridge by using 5 resistors which of 4 resistors r the same resistance value n another 1 is smaller.

**broken link removed**

Let's say my R1, R2, R3 and R4 are 1KΩ and I hv one more resistor across the S+ and S- which is 2.8KΩ. If I supply a DC voltage of +5V across E+ and E-, the voltage across S+ and E- will be +5/2 = +2.5V same for the S- and E-.

If now I supply a signal of 25µV to S+ without reference to S-, wat would be the output voltage across S+ and S-? Let say the supplied signal of 25µV to S+ comes out directly from an IC in which it is taking the E- and its GND.

I really hv no idea with the operation of wheatstone bridge in this configuration as the 4 core resistors are of fixed value which differs from the normal way implementing a wheatstone bridge.

Thanks for any expert here to enlighten me in advance.

Best regards,
Eric

Hi Ericmar,

I'm not very clear about S+ being driven by an IC.
Assuming an opamp output stage drives S+ with 25uV with respect to E-, it will have enough output drive to hold the value of S+ at 25uV.

Now the question is, what happens to S-..
Just apply superposition theorem for voltage at S-
One is 5V - this creates around 2.12V at S-.(Imagine 2.8k and 1k in parallel and a 1k in series)
The other is 25uV. Very negligible 12.5uV.

So the voltage at S- is 2.12V.
v(S+,S-) = 25uV-2.12V.

Hope this helped!

Giri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back