Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's your ideas about PSoC ( Programmable system on chip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilroy

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I'm electronic engineering student and I wanna specialize on embedded systems. This topic (Programmable system on chip) have my interest for a long time but I haven't got enough information.

I used to motorola chips (HC11&HCS12,68xxx) with asm and C. Is it good choice for me to learning PSoC? what are it's applications, availibility , usage, future... Please share your experiences..

I wanna buy this

**broken link removed**

PSoC development tool

[/url]

is PSoC.. somethin like FPGA? wow it would be great to have a FPGA like SoC..!! would change the entire phase of ASIC design...

can u enlighten us more on PSoC mr.Kilroy?

with regards,
arun

Hello,
Which PSoC device is good for starting the PSoC.

Bye

Re: What's your ideas about PSoC ( Programmable system on ch

About the PSoC Family
PSoC devices are configurable mixed signal arrays that integrate a fast 8-bit microcontroller with many peripheral functions typically found in an embedded design." PSoC devices provide the advantages of an ASIC without the ASIC NRE or turn-around time. A single PSoC device can integrate as many as 100 peripheral functions with a microcontroller, saving customers design time, board space, power consumption. Customers can save from 5 cents to as much as $10 in system costs. Easy to use development tools enable designers to select configurable library elements to provide analog functions such as amplifiers, ADCs, DACs, filters and comparators and digital functions such as timers, counters, PWMs, SPI and UARTs. The PSoC family's analog features include rail-to-rail inputs, programmable gain amplifiers and up to 14-bit ADCs with exceptionally low noise, input leakage and voltage offset. PSoC devices include up to 32KB of Flash memory, 2KB of SRAM, an 8x8 multiplier with 32-bit accumulator, power and sleep monitoring circuits, and hardware I2C communications.

All PSoC devices are dynamically reconfigurable, enabling designers to create new system functions on-the-fly. Designers can achieve more than 120 percent utilization of the die in many cases, by reconfiguring the same silicon for different functions at different times. In the automotive PSoC LIN bus reference design, the same digital blocks are reconfigured four times to support the different LIN communication modes; in doing so, these blocks consume less than 10 percent of PSoC hardware resources and less than 10 percent of the PSoC MCU cycles.

aji where are you in Kerala. Can you PM me your contact number.

Re:Which PSoC device is good for starting the PSoC?- anwser

You should use the CY8C27443 with 8 digital blocks and 16 analog blocks, 16 k flash, it is cheap and has all basic soc's character.

Added after 1 minutes:

You should use the CY8C27443 with 8 digital blocks and 16 analog blocks, 16 k flash, it is cheap and has all basic soc's character.

Status
Not open for further replies.