Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's wrong with this code for an algorithm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodkumar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,i am writing code fro an algorithm,in which in a particular module if iam not giving some signals out the code is not working well.

ex: X (in1,in2,in3,temp1,temp2,out1,out2);

in and out represents ins and outs,temp represents internal signals,i really dont need them as outputs,but if iam not declaring them as outputs code(outputs are zeros) is not working,and iam not getting any error other than code not working,this stopped me working for the whole long day,
and if i put them its working and even iam declaring them as outputs also not a problem for me becoz they r not outputs of my topmodule,

so reply for what could be the reason,.......and iam using XILINX ISE 9.1 i,is it problem of xilinx.....

whats wrong in this

Difficult to guess what's wrong. Can you show us the complete module?
What should it do, and what is it actually doing?
Is it failing during simulation or during actual operation in the CPLD/FPGA?

whats wrong in this

I think

Have you listed Temps in the Por List ....????

Then they should either be declared as input or output

and may be Some Feature is Diabled in your ISE
Restore the Settings

Re: whats wrong in this

hi echo,its good with simulation in modelsim,but when dumped the bit file onto fpga its showing output as all 1's state,

whats wrong in this

Is this the first time you have loaded a design into the FPGA/CPLD? Are you sure the hardware and download cable are functioning correctly? Be sure there weren't any error messages while downloading your code into the FPGA/CPLD.

Check for good power supplies and input clock to the FPGA/CPLD.

Check your ISE "pad summary" to be sure your input and output signals are connected to the correct FPGA/CPLD pin numbers.

Maybe try running a post-route simulation. It's usually not necessary, but sometimes it helps catch obscure bugs.

make sure you're downloading the file on the correct FPGA...if there are more than one chip then it gets confusing :)

Hi,i have only one fpga on my board,and iam using fpga for past one year,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back