Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's wrong with my current distribution in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruritania

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to get current distribution in hfss

Hi, all,

I'm using HFSS to simulate an on-chip inductor, but whatever setting I used, still get bad results comparing with the measured data: the inductance is about 0.1nH larger, and the quality factor is about 6 less.

Someone told me that the current distribution of the inductor was not smooth. But I just don't know how to make it smooth? What might cause such situation to happen in HFSS?

Attached please find the uploaded Jsurf and Jvol, thank you.

Ruri

current distribution hfss

im also looking for some reply!!

Added after 44 seconds:

or u use ur simulation setting and simulate the structure in manual.....compare the result

how do you excite the structure?
using a lumped port between the feed line?

Depending on the frequency, current will crowd to the edge of the trace (skin effect) and will also crowd to areas that are near other conductors (proximity effect). You can see this in multiple conductor transmission lines such as twin lead or busbar.

I would recommend using IE3D for planar inductor analysis. It is a moment-method tool that is better-suited for solving for currents than HFSS (which solves for E-fields).

Are you sure you have used the correct material properties?, since the substrate and metal properties may vary. Did solve "inside" of the metal?

wlcsp

Hi Ruritania

That's the reason that your loop didn’t work.

you Forgot little slot

pl

this explain the all picture.

hi,
i donno much abt induator design. So what r u saying the last one (with slot) is the correct inductir structure to simulate?
please explain
thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back