Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's this sensor?:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda1234

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I bought some sensor about 4 month ago but i don't know what is below sensor?can you tell me what is it?
WIN_20150625_010217.JPGWIN_20150625_010225.JPG

Looks like a pyrosensor, e.g. for motion detection. But pyrosensors have different detectors (single or dual) and infrared filters, some are designed for gas detection. A thermopile for a infrared thermometer could also have the same package design.

Is there any type marking?

No.Is there anyway to find out what is this?

I suspect, as usual, Frank is correct.

It appears to be some sort of pyroelectric sensor.

Although, the window filter seems to be composed of a different material than is normally employed in most sensors found in PIRs, perhaps indicating the device maybe tuned to a different wavelength range.

Perhaps a Near IR flame detector? Or gas detector?

It also appears remarkable similar, apart from the window filter, to the pyroelectric sensor in the PIR detector below:

proximity_pirlens[1].jpg

Which also has three leads, by the way.

Although, again the window filter of your device maybe of a different material, possibly indicating the device maybe intended for a different purpose.

muRata manufactures a line of similar pyroelectric sensors:

muRata LEAD TYPE (IRA-E Series, IRA-S Series)

And the following device from another manufacturer:

BigDog

You should have at least an idea about the rough purpose of the sensor, did you get it from the bargain table of a DIY shop?

As said there are similar looking sensors with different function, however dual-element pyro sensor with wide band motion detection interference filter is the most likely option, particularly for an unlabelled sensor.

A specific feature of the dual-element detector is that it's relative unsensitive to temperature variations of the case and uniform changes in the field of view. If you touch a single-element sensor with the finger, the output voltage will jump to saturation levels and recover after some 10 seconds. A dual-element sensor shows at best a small voltage step. Unfortunately there are also temparature compensated single-element sensors, so an unambiguous test is a bit more complicated.

To operate as a motion detector, the sensor must be used with a multi-zone fresnel lense.

yes

It is a motion sensor only

Check by giving the power supply (5v and Ground)
Connect the output to a led.

when motion detects the led should turn on otherwise no

Check by giving the power supply (5v and Ground)
Connect the output to a led.

when motion detects the led should turn on otherwise no
If it's a standard pyrolectric motion sensor it has more likely an analog output (source terminal of a JFET), intended to be connected to signal processing electronic, as shown in the Murata datsheets linked by bigdogguru. I'm not aware of a type with digital output, but it may exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back