Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what's the weakness of the MIMO system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azkachan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
i want to ask something about MIMO again
please help me to answer this question

what's the weakness of the MIMO system?

Hi
I think the complexity of transmitter and specially receiver.

the realistic channel may be ill-conditioned and therefore the promising gain of MIMO is not achiveable.

It is partially this reason why industries are conservative deploying MIMO tech

I think there is a big mismatch in communication.

Marketing says 4 antennas, 4 times data rate!

But also the ideal condition of 4 aligned lamba/2 antennas on each side only as good as there is a propagation difference between all the antenna paths. If the difference is smaller than the path the S/N goes down.

Another view of MIMO ist that it could improve the link budget over the worst case by providing robustness against frequency selective fading. So the practical use for less scatter rich enviroments is to avoid the worts case fading situation. So instead boosting marketing data rate help to be connected for bad links.

Nevertheless MIMO is a natural trade of spectrum conservation over hardware cost and energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.