Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what's the value of this resistor " 5W1K8 " ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5W means 5Watt and 1K8 means 1.8K. How it is look like? Is it look like a 5watt resistor? then it might be 5W 1.8K resistor.

its a white rectangular resistor looks like of ceramic ...... size also confirms that its of 5W but as i checked it with my DMM out of the circuit (resistor alone) it shows 44 Kohms , is it bad ?

if you have measured it correctly and there is not some problem with the multimeter leads then yes, it is bad although it is not very easy to break a resistor like that.

its nor broke ........ i de soldered it out from the pcb and then measure with my good testing leads & good testing DMM

Like Alex says its 5W 1,8K or 1800R. Check your instrument or clean instrument probe and measuring contacts on resistor ends. And dont measure from hands you will add your resistance of body (dont touch with hands ends when measuring). ;-)

Very old resistors often go high in value. Perhaps it has died of old age. If it is only a few years old it may have been burned out, but then I would expect to see visible damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.