Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the suiable foot print of this resitance and cap???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
0603 cap footprint

Hello all

I use OrCAD to make PCB layout, and i have a quesion about that.. anyone that uses anyother tool for layout may have usefull answer...

What is the foot print (pad) that's used for surface mount capacitors or resistors? Should I creat it from scratch, or it's available in one library in OrCAD? if no library already for that in OrCAD, from where can i update my library? can I ??

If i have to create it, can anyone show me a picture showing diminsions corresponding to it?

Thank you in advance,
Ahmad,

pad size 0603 foot print

hi
usually the surface mount resistors and capacitors are of sizes 0603,0806,1206.
the above three different size footprints will be available in the library.
am using cadstar.i dont know abt orcad. but, as those are the standard footprint sizes for resistors and caps, definitely they should be there in any tool library.
hope this helps.do write, if u need any further info.
cheers
skr

Added after 3 minutes:

hi
am sorry. the footprint sizes are 0603, 0805 and 1206 in increasing order. u can use any footprint size,depending upon no.of resistors and caps on ur board, ur total board size and ur comfortability level for soldering them.
if this info helps u...click helped me button...
cheers
skr

Re: What's the suiable foot print of this resitance and cap?

Well, I found the library on OrCAD that contains many footprints of SMD its name is SM ... But i wonder, how can i know value of surface mount resistor or capacitor from data on them?!?! Is there certain code or something like that for it?

Thanks in advance,
ahmad,

Re: What's the suiable foot print of this resitance and cap?

hi
as long as u r able to find the pad sizes, that will do. as i said before there should be representation like 0603, 0805 and 1206.
nothing to worry about the values of the resistors or capacitors. we have to look only for the pad sizes..i.e., the footprint.
can u plz tell me how a smd resistor representation is there in ur orcad library?
cheers
skr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back