Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the reason of HDD making a grinding noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
harddisk noise

Not sure what you mean---if HDD has such noise and still works, then backup immediately. If it's gone, ---well, it's gone, sorry...

hard disk grinding sound

Hi i mean to say, What made hard disk to make grinding noise.
Why harddisk giving such noise ?

hard disk making grinding noise

As per my personal experiences, getting a screaching noise from the hard disk is that the disk is nearing its end of the life. It may work now but the days are near when it may crash suddenly or some sectors are not accesible. It is better to take a backup of important files now itself. Good luck

disk making grinding sound

The grinding noise is usually caused by one of two reasons (maybe both)

1) either the main drive bearing is ceasing up ( older drives )

2) more likely is that one of the heads has come loose and is scraping against the surface of the disk

I have opend several noisy no go drives and seen the head jammed between
the arm and the disk

its truely fatal!!

Dave N

hard disk grinding

Hai DaveN
In such case of grinding can the disk be rescued by any remedy? I have recoovered many data's from such disc which are not grinding but have failed due to electronic faults. But i feel i am helpless when i face mechanical failures as this one.

scraping grinding noise from hard disk

Hi pranam77,

Mechanical failure is pretty terminal. If you get to transfer any data from the
HDD before it finally stops working count yourself as lucky.
Only once did I have a electronic failure on the HDD board and I happened to
have another identical drive that I was able to swap over the board and recover the data off the HDD

cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back