Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the newest version of linux for most of EDATools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edacw1

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The latest version of linux which can be fitable for most od EDA tools is...?

RH7.3 still the most supported Linux for EDA

redhat 6.2(dc complier) new version requires installer,for cadence redhat 7.2, susi 9.1, mandar 8,9;
most eda tools r developing for only solaris, hp unix
see similar post is alreday posted here

Can Suse 9.X be fitable for DC(design compiler)?

I've tried several mixed-mode EDA tools, such as IC5033, hspice, and ADVANCEMS, on RH 8 and they're working pretty well.

Someone says that most of EDA tools are working well on Suse 9.0 pro.

i run Cadence IC5.0 and hspice on Suse9.0 and i don't any problem ...in 2002-2003 i used Suse8.2 and IC5.0 works well...with fedora i have it a little problem when i try to install Cadence....
aravid has right...more eda tools are designed for unix or solaris ....to run a good tool on linux or windows we make a compromise...runs more slow...have many problems on install
i see cadence run on hp unix and on p4 in parallel ....on hp run a little more faster....this is the life :) ..i thanks God i can run all this software with minimal cost for me ...if i need to buy a hp workstation for i can run al this i will :cry: :cry: :cry: a lot

rh 7.2&7.3is the perfect platform to run most EDA tools.

But rh 7.2&7.3 is too old to support the newest hardwares.

Is sun java desktop 2003 a good choice?

On the EDA tools official web site, RH7.3 is confirmed.
However, I think you could try Fedora Core 2. FC2 is most powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.