Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the Mirror Bit flash memory of AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckwang

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Memory Design

Who can tell about Mirror Bit flash memory of AMD?
I am a memory designer, and want to exchange some experience. thanks!

Memory Design

I am interested too.

Re: Memory Design

This is a patented layout whereby the control gate of the flash cell combined with two opposing source and drain connections can be used to place charge on the nitrided gate on either side. I do not "yet" have access to the layout but a simple way to visualise this is two vertical strips of active area and one horizonal strip of Control Gate poly. You can charge up the LHS of the floating gate using the LHS Source and Drains as conventional flash. Same for the RHS. Making sure the Source Drain sides are opposite you can isolate the charge in the floating gate to the LHS or RHS. So effectively you have the same effect as two independent cells sharing the same control gate and floating gate. This is much better than using the multi level charge scheme where 4 bits can be stored in one cell but requires 4 comparators per sense amp. The mirror bit does not require any fancy sense amps.
So effectively you have (looking top down) .......

D S

Nitirided gate oxide ++++ ---------
Poly Control gate =====================
Nitirided gate oxide ++++ ---------

S D

but of course considerably smaller than this (eg same cell size as conventional cell - ish )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back