Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the frequency range of a high speed signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesh

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Im quite confuse whn it comes to high speed signals and critical signal. Wht is the range of speed is considered high speed n critical?

High Spped Signal

Would you be more clear and give more explanation I dont understand your question

Re: High Spped Signal

LOOK i think that high speed signals are singnals with ver high frequency concerning the range of operation... but critical speed means the frequency at which the system that u work on it will behave unexpectaly.. u can be more clear if u tell me what system u work on
bye

I jus wana knw the range of frequency tht considerd high speed in digital circuit.

hi, in simple words...

high speed is one with less rise time...
to match setup time, you need to follow the HSS guideline....
in big word it doesnt mainly depend upon the frequecy....

while trigering signal are critical signals...(time sensitive)
like clock,stepping signal

Technology get change in after every 18 month even designer get confused with the word high speed which is present or which will be coming next . w:L sizes reduced , less capacitor ,less delay , more speed.

I think that he meant on critical sighnal path in digital circuits. Point is that after vhdl/verilog implementation some signals are more delayed trough digital logic than direct path. There are tools that can show which path is crictical, and then you can try to optimize your code to reduce critical path length, by better vhdl code...

Status
Not open for further replies.