Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the effect of the resistor in an inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamxo

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know the effect of the resistor in the in verter, the inverter is used in driver circuit.

can anyone help me?

I just know adding the resistor increases the delay of the inverter. but how to explain in transistor level?

thanks.

inverter question

It is to create a deliberate prop. delay because evertime the gate capacitance of the final inverstage needs to be charged or discharged, the current that flows thru the first inverter stage has to pass thru the resistor before it can charge the final stage inverter gates. Therefore, the delay.

inverter question

the circuit is mainly used to control the overlap time of the two signal.

Re: inverter question

yutian said:
the circuit is mainly used to control the overlap time of the two signal.

overlap time? if it is, then what is the effect this overlap time? is it related to the whole delay?

Re: inverter question

hello yutian cud u explain more properly..

i thought it was basically to limit the current through the first CMOS... and create lower voltage level inputs for the 2nd..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back