Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the difference between MASM and TASM??

Status
Not open for further replies.

leoren_tm

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is TASM??
is there availble hir??
ty in advance

Re: assembly...

whats the difference with MASM and TASM??

MASM and TASM have some differences in terms of syntax. However, older versions of TASM supports the so-called MASM compatible mode.

Go to: **broken link removed** for tutorial on MASM

Anyway, mind you that these assemblers only supports x86 machine architecture

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyway, mind you that these assemblers only supports x86 machine architecture
can you explain pls?/
any tutorial on TASM?/

MASM and TASM are assemblers for x86 architecture, the job of assembler is to convert the assembly language program to machine language. As far as differences are concerned its just a two different ways of doing same thing.

The code generated by these assembler can be executed only on the processor architecture they are designed for thats why MASM and TASM can be used only for x86 processors.

i just downloaded the borland TAsm 5.. any tutorial availble?/ ty in advance

zxc123 said:
More information of assembly can refer to here ...
**broken link removed**

pay attention to read the suitable version of the book. IIRC, it has DOS version, Linux version, and Windows version. There are differences to implement your assembly code among these OSes. For example, if you use TASM and developing your program under DOS, then read the DOS version of the Art of Assembly pointed to by the link above, because it explains the DOS specific programming issues that very likely is not available in the other edition of Art of Assembly.

have phun :D

Last edited by a moderator:

im running on window huh?? it would be different if i use DOS??
i saw a ebook bout DUMMIES for DOS, any available hir??
ty in advance

leoren_tm said:
im running on window huh?? it would be different if i use DOS??
not much actually because the command prompt in windows environment runs on Virtual-8086 mode. However, there will be some problems if you are accessing some parts of the hardware that's not available in that mode or being prevented by Windows. I mean Windows regard the execution of the code as access violation.

Virtual-8086 mode
what is that mean??

hardware?? i will have a prolbem comunicating TASM with hardware??
i will be only programing on it....pls explain more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back