Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the difference between hpiceS and hspiceD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinwang

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hspiced

Could anyone be pleased to tell me what is the difference between hpiceS and hpiceD we generate from Cadence?
Thanks in advance!
Regards Colin!

hspices hspiced

hspiceS - Hspice with soket interface
hspiceD - Hspice with direct interface

From Analog Circuit Design Environment User Guide

"Cadence has integrated simulators into the analog circuit design environment in two ways:

Interfaces that use the direct simulation approach

This is the preferred approach. With direct simulation, the netlist uses the syntax of the simulator you are using, without any processing to evaluate expressions. The passed parameters, design variables, functions, and so on are all resolved by the simulator. The netlist is a direct reflection of the design.

Interfaces that use cdsSpice for processing of the netlist

With socket interfaces, the netlist is processed by Cadence SPICE to evaluate all expressions and resolve passed parameters. You would use the socket methodology to integrate your simulator if the simulator you use cannot handle expressions or parameter passing."

cadence hspiced

Thank you very much!
Using the method I've got from the internet, I can generate the hspiceS netlist successfully. But when I select hspiceD in the Simulator/Directory/Host and choose create netlist, in the icfb it shows there were errors, no netlist was produced...unsuccessful
Could you tell me why?
Regards!

hspiced hspices

Check up correctness of installation HSPICE in your system. Try to start HSPICE
from a command line in a window of the terminal. Check up correctness of a path to HSPICE in shell.

Added after 18 minutes:

Also check up presence of the simulation information for hspiceD in CDF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back