What's the difference between const unsigned int & char or unsigned int & char?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: C code

Hai..

Do you have smart 8051 compiler can you send the installer to my mail (tangbc05@yahoo.com)..please.., may be my compiller is not full version...
Can you give example code for this because i still not understand very well "Try doing something useful with x and y, so the compiler can't just throw them away". Thank for your help....

My code is that simple:

Code:
#include <reg52.h>

void main(void)
{

while(1)
	{
		unsigned int x, y; 

for(x=0; x<=3; x++) 
		{ 
  			for(y=0; y<=120; y++); 
		}
	}
}

Is it any problem to my code....

Thank You..

I'm sorry, I don't have any 8051 compiler.

Your code is fine (except for that void main thing), however x and y do no useful work, so the compiler may simplify them, or remove them.

In this program I print x and y, so the compiler can't throw them away:
Code:
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
  unsigned int x, y;

for(x=0; x<=3; x++)
  {
    for(y=0; y<=120; y++)
    printf("%d %d\n", x, y);
  }
  return 0;
}

Hi..

Sorry... i understand all ready but it only for pure C we can add "%d %d\n" but how about for Embedded C for 8051 compiler...

So, nevermind.. have any solution/method to simulate the time-delay or for-loop result for 8051 compiler

Thanks....

C code

Oh. Your 8051 compiler doesn't support printf(). I understand.

Time delay? Is that why you are writing loops that do nothing? Software delay loops can be very unpredictable, as you have seen! You should use the 8051's hardware timer. I don't know how to do that, but I'm sure there are other messages on this board.

Hai...

Do you know 8051 compiler got one debug call Performance Analyzer, do you know how to use it??

Thanks.....

Added after 1 hours 59 minutes:

Hi, Every One

Do you know how to use uVision Performance Analyzer: min time, max time, avg time, total time. %, count ??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…