Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats the difference between 8051 and 8032 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
differences between 8051 and 8032

Hai....

What's the difference between 8051 and 8032 (uPSD323X), the format of writing the C program is the same?? izit the difference family...

Mircrocontroller

Hai....

What's the difference between 8051 and 8032 (uPSD323X): the format of writing the C program is the same?? programmer is the same?? izit the difference family...

Thy....

threads merged

do not double post !!!

C-Man

Re: Mircrocontroller

8032 has 256b of RAM + timer2, ... 8051 has 128b of ram and no timer2 ..
From C -point of veiw there is no other difference between them ..

Added after 5 minutes:

upsd323x however has several features added and although you can treat it as 8032-core but new features will not be covered by your C compiler and most likely to address them you will have to use assembly:

#asm

new code

#endasm

What i know is this:
- Intel 8051 is the name of the family.
- A 8031 is a 8051 with no internal flash program memory.
- 8052 refers to the ones who has 8 kbytes of flash program memory, 3 timers, and 256 bytes of SRAM.

Therefore the differences among them are not much, only regarding different peripheral registers + different program memory location.

CMIIW

As far as i know, a 8031 has no internal flash memory. Correct? Does this also apply to 8032s?

8032 and 8031 is dedicated external program memory. you must have a external ROM like EEPROM or UV EPROM to save program.

for 8032 have 256 byte ram. The upper 128 bytes occupy a parallel address space to the Special Function Registers. This means that the upper 128 bytes have the same addresses as the SFR space but are physically separate from SFR space.
When an instruction accesses an internal location above address 7FH, the address mode used in the instruction specifies whether the CPU accesses the upper 128 bytes of RAM or the SFR space. Instructions which use direct addressing access the SFR space.
For example, the following direct addressing instruction accesses the SFR at location 0A0H (which is P2).
MOV 0A0H, #data
Instructions that use indirect addressing access the upper 128 bytes of RAM. For example, the following indirect addressing instruction, where R0 contains 0A0H, accesses the data byte at address 0A0H, rather than P2 (whose address is 0A0H).
MOV @R0, #data
Note that stack operations are examples of indirect addressing, so the upper 128 bytes of data RAM are available as stack space.

8032 have 256 byte ram, The upper 128 bytes occupy a parallel address space to the Special Function Registers. This means that the upper 128 bytes have the same addresses as the SFR space but are physically separate from SFR space.
carefully programming for access 128 byte upper internal RAM.

irfansyah said:
What i know is this:
- Intel 8051 is the name of the family.
- A 8031 is a 8051 with no internal flash program memory.
- 8052 refers to the ones who has 8 kbytes of flash program memory, 3 timers, and 256 bytes of SRAM.

Therefore the differences among them are not much, only regarding different peripheral registers + different program memory location.

CMIIW

Hai........

Can i know what is "internal flash program memory", is it the uPSD323x PDIP packet are available in the market??
Can i know where can i get the programmer for uPSD323x??

Please... anyone can help me........

Thank You....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back