Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the clock frequency of FSM that controls action of other blocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmoib

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to know the clock freq of a FSM that control the action of some other blocks,
is it to faster than those blocks frequency ? if so how much fast?
twice is ok?

Re: FSM clock

fsm always works on the same frequency as the modules u want to control it .Unless you want to control modules working at a different clock frequency .. then u'll have to handle cross clock domain stuff ... it is better not to do that kind of coding . but I am not sure whether this is what u wnated to know ... let me know if this answers ur question

thnks, i tried to work with the same freq. but it givebad result, while when i work with 8 times the frequency it gives a good solution.
i'm using this FSm to control digital block working at same freq.

Can u post ur code ... I can explain what is happening if you do that ... I think might have got a few things fundamentally wrong .. Post the code unless there is any copy right tag ... In which case u need to give a bit more details about ur fsm

FSM's clock should be same as the controlled module,

it needn't be run twice of other module's operating frequency.

best regards

shmoib said:
i need to know the clock freq of a FSM that control the action of some other blocks,
is it to faster than those blocks frequency ? if so how much fast?
twice is ok?

the FSM is used for a control unit, which is supposed to take decisions upon output of the controlled blocks, so it is supposed to run faster so that it can enable or disable other blocks without clock missing.

FSM clock

FSM is a method to get effective control , the clock is same with other module in system .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back