Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats the best solution for driving 4 white LEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moda

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3v supply for driving white leds

cheapest, high efficiency, best solution that you know/think of, for driving 4 white LEDs @

1.6v drop & 3mA,

Vin=3v from a battery

We can connect the leds in any combination that we like.

The most important is power (not just 4 leds in parallel = 12mA) and cost,

Thank you

Moda

Re: Driving 4 white LEDs

If you connect each led in series with a 470 Ohm resistor, and in parallel with each other, you obtain your requirements.

Regards, Helder Silva

You can implement churge pump converter, such as LM2623 (**broken link removed** ), generate 4*1.6V=6.4V of 3V with >90% efficiency and supply all 4 LEDs connected in series (3mA current) of this 6.4V ..

I'm sorry, I didn't understood your question, that was the reason I've sent that answer.

Regards, Helder Silva

u can use any current driving IC in conjunction with a 180ohm resistor for ur requirements. use a transistor like C1383 , or C945.

Driving 4 white LEDs

upconvert the supply power to 6.4V and connect the LEDs in seriel is the low cost way, only 3mA power consumption.

But you need a upconverter IC

check out supertex or maxim. there are many chips out there for current regulation as they current devices. you can use a resistor but there is no compensation for input voltages swings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back