Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the best LDR protection from ambient lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buts101

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm buildin the sensoring part for path following robot and i'm usin LDR as sensor.
Tell me..how can i best protect the ldr from different ambient lightining.i.e. different ambient light intensity donot effect the output that i presetted in the lab.
Also tell me..how much sensor i.e. ldr will be enough for tracking the path..i'm usin lm324 so i'm goin to use 4 ldr ckt..but for safety reason i'm think of placing 8 ldr...

Re: ldr protection

Placing a shroud around the LDR somtimes helps. Simple black plastic around the LDR to some few mm off the surface works pretty well.

As for the sensor array 4 pairs seems to be ok. depending on what configuration you place them in. I used a cross orientation (N,E,S,W) and i worked like a charm.

Cheers
Slayer

ldr protection

Hi buts101,

Attach a LED with LDR and cover the LED and LDR so tht only reflected light falls on LDR. For more about path following robot, see my book

MY EXPERIENCE IN AUTONOMOUS ROBOTICS

It is a free book. You can get it from yahoo group-booksbybibin

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/booksbybibin/

Bibin John
www.bibinjohn.tk

hii,
one more suggestion use blue led insted of red or yellow. it works far more better then them.
one of my frnd did line follower as his project for more info u can check this link
h**p://students.iiit.ac.in/~saini_sandeep/pro2.html

i agree, blue led works better
about the sensor placing think about spacing them about 2cm apart. use heatshrink tube to cover ldr not the led, coz if you cover the led then you have to direct the led beam.
hope that helps

thanksssssssssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back