Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what's most popular avr c/c++ compile software

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigreat

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm a beginner of avr
which most popular avr c/c++ compile software
thank youi

Salam,

I don't use avr.
But i read a lot about codevision

**broken link removed**

Bye

I think each type of compiler suit different people.

AVR compiler like Code vision, image craft are comercial software.

We should support GNU-GCC become the famous one....

What ur opinion?

thank you,
i think so,gnu-gcc is the famous one,but it's the powerfull one,as powerfull as keil?

IAR is for AVR what keil is for 8051
Imagecraft and Codevision are commercial ones (good but less powerfull then IAR)
gcc is gcc (you love it or you hate is (or you don't know how the hell the damn thing works).

Antharax

At least under windows GCC for AVR is easy to install, just to download the WinAVR from avrfreaks and install and you are ready to start.

Read **broken link removed** on avrfreaks. It is titled "Which C-compiler should I choose?" and should more then answer your question.

and hier I want to ask for rngineerung works
is c# as power ful as c++ and if it can be used instead of it
please tell me :)

Salam eempir,

I don't here about c# for microcontroller programming !

If your question is general try this forum ( )

Bye

i think the best c compiler for avr is iar's. but you know it is no free like gcc. due to this reason i am using gcc. it is not efficient as iar but the diffrerence is not much more.
i'm uploading a performance test about avr compilers, i wish this can help you.
note a: iar b:icc

I agree IAR is the best. But I used it in conjunction with codevision with HPinfotech. Codevision has an excelllent wizard to generate the initailization code!

Status
Not open for further replies.