Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what's "memory acess time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutty boy

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
acess time

Hi Guys
pls can any body tell me what's the defination of Memory Acess Time

I think that you should try google before asking definition in this board.

These are what I got:
1. Memory Access:
When memory is read or written, this is called a memory access. A specific procedure is used to control each access to memory, which consists of having the memory controller generate the correct signals to specify which memory location needs to be accessed, and then having the data show up on the data bus to be read by the processor or whatever other device requested it.

2. Access Time
The amount of time that it takes for the memory to produce the data required, from the start of the access until when the valid data is available for use, is called the memory's access time, sometimes abbreviated t(AC). It is normally measured in nanoseconds (ns).

For more in detail, check this site:
https://www.pcguide.com/ref/ram/timingAccess-c.html

Memory access is the time needed to get data from memory

SERIAL MEMORY IS HAVING VERY LARGE ACCESS TIME..SINCE IT ACCESS EVERY THING ONE BY ONE FOR ALL CASES..
/
BUT RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY HAVING LOW access time...since it can directly goes to desired location to retrive the data

also note that read and write access times are usually not same!

Thanks for usefull answers and wish u good luck

I feel that memory access time is the time required to keep the address on the bus and to retrive the data from data bus.

nutty boy said:
Hi Guys
pls can any body tell me what's the defination of Memory Acess Time

it depends on the context of where you read this..
where can you find this Memory Access Time (i.e. which device's datasheet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back