Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's ISUP, MAP, and SCCP in SS7/C7 protocol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leekk8

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm new in telecommunication, but I need to understand SS7 protocol for my job. Can anybody explain what's ISUP, MAP, and SCCP? What's their functions?

TQ

SS7/C7

as far as i can remember they are layers in C7 resembling thaT of the OSI model from 4 to 7
ISUP: ISDN user part it is used to set compatability with both ct. sw and pkt sw.
while MAP: mobile application part which is responsible for controlling the mobile signalling like GSMMAP and ANSI-41"for cdma"
SCCP : signalling connection control part "i cannot remember what it does exactly"

Re: SS7/C7

There is also a book with name NGN - SS7

ss7 is a telephony protocol which is used in interconection between the varius parts of a PSTN or a GSM swicht (MSC)

check wikipeadia for a brife intro or go to any SS7 signaling refrence .

regards,

MTP taken care of message routing and network management
sccp taken care of converting global title translation into susbsystem point codes
ISUP provides signalling .
MAP is a application layer protocol takes services from sccp and tcap.
tcap is related to non circuit related application transactions.

SS7/C7

I have opened another thread to discuss everything about SS7 and GSM.

ISUP is for call setup signaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.