Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

whats effect of ground on radiation pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrtystalline

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi anyone could explain effect of ground on radiation pattern ?
regards

hi there

probably what you should really be asking is how does height of the antenna above the ground affect radiation pattern?

which, depending on the type of antenna, the effects can be quite significant

one reasonable place to look would be the ARRL Antenna Handbook it would have some background on this subject

cheers
Dave

hi, no , in fact im simulating a RDRA and in hfss is an infinite ground boundary option, and my question is about this ground option, is that condition for earth ground?
because the patten with or without this option is so different
thanks for your answer
regards
Iman

hi, no , in fact im simulating a RDRA and in hfss is an infinite ground boundary option, and my question is about this ground option, is that condition for earth ground?
because the patten with or without this option is so different
thanks for your answer
regards
Iman

You would make life one hell of a lot easier for yourself if you started by saying this in the thread. People do not have crystal balls.

I can't seem to find it, but there is on the internet somewhere a guide to how to ask sensible questions. It seems this could do with being prominently posted on this forum, as many people do ask one question, when really they want the answer to something quite different, or give such incomplete information nobody has a hope in hells chance of answering it to their satisfaction.

I don't know much about this particular topic, so are not going to add any more.

Dave

*** my question was not this much bad ! and your answer was a little rude, but any way thanks!
You would make life one hell of a lot easier for yourself if you started by saying this in the thread. People do not have crystal balls.

I can't seem to find it, but there is on the internet somewhere a guide to how to ask sensible questions. It seems this could do with being prominently posted on this forum, as many people do ask one question, when really they want the answer to something quite different, or give such incomplete information nobody has a hope in hells chance of answering it to their satisfaction.

I don't know much about this particular topic, so are not going to add any more.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

*** my question was not this much bad ! and your answer was a little rude, but any way thanks!

Dave

Hi redcrtystalline,

the other Dave is quite correct. I gave you a very valid answer considering your question
Had you given better info in your question you would have got very different answers that
would have been related to your inquiry.

Its a common problem on the various electronics forums where people ask questions without giving all the relevent info
and then wonder why they dont get the expected answers
As Dave said, we dont have crystal balls, we can read people's minds ;-)

cheers
the other Dave

hi
ok, i'll try to ask my question in clear and correct manner, it was not on purpose specially when im struggling with some time wasting problems
thanks
same iman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back