Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's better for electrical engineer: Java or C# ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

borun

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do you recommend me to learn java or c# as a computer backgrounded electrical engineer=?
Help:)

Java or c# ?

I would go for C#. It is a very modern language with some nice features. It is closley tied to the net framework, but that does not tie you into using windows os.
The net framework theoreticaly will work with any os.

Re: Java or c# ?

I would also choose c#,unless i wanted to port my program to Linux.
If you know c++ then C# will not be difficult to learn,but there is a lot to learn for .net framework.All these classes and methods make me dizzy.

+you have msdn,which provides info about everything so dont worry about getting stuck anywhere.

Java can be used on all major OS's. Both are good to learn. C is also important for microcontrollers. And learning VHDL or Verilog of some kind of HDL is almost as important to learn since FPGA's and other types of programmable integrated circuits are big and getting bigger in electrical engineering.

so far i think that you must learn C language instead of java because its easy and have lot of applications on the other hand java is even case sensitive and may bother you rest of it is up to you

i would recommend c# with dot net coz it is easy to learn for no IT students.Though it is coding compared to jave it is easy to learn. so learn C#.

jhbbunch said:
Java can be used on all major OS's. Both are good to learn. C is also important for microcontrollers. And learning VHDL or Verilog of some kind of HDL is almost as important to learn since FPGA's and other types of programmable integrated circuits are big and getting bigger in electrical engineering.

I agree with you "jhbbunch" and i would like to add some information which is JAVA is a full OOP.

-------------My favorites PC interfacing ---------------------------
www.embedded-hardware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back