Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What you think about IDT E1 chips (compared with ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Jack

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What you think about IDT E1 chips compared with Zarlink and
Infineon products.

We are planned to use IDT Framers/LIU and full
TRX, but may be you have some advise and opinion according
their (IDT`s) products.

Hi,

Some weeks ago, I made a search through the net to find chips that I could use for a re-design of an old product. I had a look at the classical provider like Zarlink, Infineon and PMC Sierra and also at Exar and IDT.

I was very suprised by the new products from Exar and IDT. On a pure technical basis, I think IDT's chips are the best. I have some special requirements like connection to attenuated monitoring points and line level measurement. All this functionnalities are very well converd by Exar's and IDT's chips.

The only aspect I do not information about is the price.

papyaki said:
Hi,

Some weeks ago, I made a search through the net to find chips that I could use for a re-design of an old product. I had a look at the classical provider like Zarlink, Infineon and PMC Sierra and also at Exar and IDT.

I was very suprised by the new products from Exar and IDT. On a pure technical basis, I think IDT's chips are the best. I have some special requirements like connection to attenuated monitoring points and line level measurement. All this functionnalities are very well converd by Exar's and IDT's chips.

The only aspect I do not information about is the price.

Which chip you use?
Could you help me with development software, drivers
(Infineon provide this, but on IDT WWW I can`t find it)?
I have only IDT82V2108 Octal framer software driver.

Good Luck!

Hi,

I dont have started any development with IDT. I was looking for references to replace our LXT361 line interface and PM6344 framer. If development will start, it will probabely start next year, but it is not sure.

For software device driver, try to ask your local supplyer. Some manufacturers provide their drivers under NDA, so you cant find such material on their WWW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back