Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What will happen if we change board material from 210 to 140

Status
Not open for further replies.

taymoor2000

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PCB Material

Dear All;

I have a board designed with high TG (210 C) material, and I need to redesign this board with normal FR4 (140 C) material.

My question is what is the effect that will happen when change from 210C to 140C?

Also if any one have a paper that explain the main difference between the PCB materials

Re: PCB Material

I guess, you are trying to choose a PCB material with a lower glass transition temperature. If you are doing so, then please keep in mind about the assembly temperatures to which your board would be subjected to. The lower the glass transition temperature, the more would be the chances of de-lamination and warpage and other assembly defects on the printed circuit board. Generally all the FR grade materials and CEM grade materials would be able to withstand a temperature of almost upto 250 degrees +.

I am not sure why you would want to compromise on the glass transition temperature parameter. Is it because of the application that demands to compromise on the cost and quality of the material?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back